Bella sharing her information reports with us
Today a lady from the Pet Responsible Ownership Program visited us at school with her dog.
Students will comment on this post to share their experiences.
Primary School Program
The Primary School program is aimed at 5-12 year olds and has been delivered to over 1 million Victorian primary school children. It visits approximately 800 primary schools each year.
The Program includes a dog visit, multimedia tools, role play, song and story time.
The Program focuses on teaching students about dog safety:
- when dogs should be left alone
- things we should not do to dogs
- how can you tell if a dog is happy, frightened or angry
- a safe way to approach and greet a dog
- what to do if approached by an unknown or aggressive dog.
The Program also introduces and develops the following concepts:
- choosing an appropriate pet general welfare and husbandry
- the importance of identification and registration
- confinement and housing, exercise and training.
There are a range of presentations designed to target the specific audiences in relation to grade level, prior knowledge and learning modes.